So anyways, I was tagged by Fatal Attraction 2 Fashion and Be Stylin' to do a music meme! (Thanks, you two! Somehow, as lame as it sounds, I feel a little more legit as a blogger being tagged by you two haha.)
“List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your
o1.) Mates of State - Getting Better
- I'm a huge fan of Mates of State. This new song off of their latest album is light and a little playful. It's a little on the slower side, but the tempo mixed with the vocals just go for a nifty late-spring early-summer sound.
o2.) Lykke Li - I'm Good I'm Gone
- Lykke Li has such great talent. She's got great fashion, she's beautiful, and her vocals are a little eccentric with a little bit of girliness in it. It's definitely unique though, as is this song.
o3.) M.I.A. - Boyz
- M.I.A. is made of so many kinds of awesome. This song is playful with a catchy tune that will stick to your head for days to come.
o4.) Lightspeed Champion - Tell Me What It's Worth
- Lightspeed Champion, aka; Dev the drummer from Test Icicles, is surprisingly talented. I saw him in concert for my birthday, and not only is he charming, but he's a great vocalist, guitarist, AND a drummer. And he has a bitching sense of style.
o5.) Plants & Animals - Bye Bye Bye
- I couldn't find a better quality for this song on youtube...but it's definitely gold. I just got into Plants and Animals and I really like their sound. I've never been good at describing their sound, but it's very catchy and fun.
o6.) Mystery Jets - Pioneers (Bloc Party cover)
- I have to say, although the similarity is there, Mystery Jets really made this cover of Bloc Party's "Pioneers" their own. I'm absolutely smitten!!
o7.) Yann Tiersen - Comptine d'un Autre ete
- I recall seeing Amelie for the first time. This song captured my heart and I couldn't let it go. I could never tire of this song. ♥