November 10, 2010

Nov 9th - Out of Season

That promise to wear more color is going absolutely horribly. It can't possibly be me, can it? Do you all find it simply easier to deal with dressing in simple monochrome than in a beautiful mess of colors?

I honestly think my hat is meant to redeem that somehow, but in a rather poor fashion.

I'm not much of a fan of wearing non-black flat shoes with my black thigh highs, but today just happened to be one of those days where I throw up my hands and go "why not?" and went a point or two up on my spontaneity scale. Of course it's not quite Style Bubble status of eclecticism, but at least I'm slowly making progress.

It feels good to simply try again.

Lykke Li - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (The Shirelles cover)







White Ruffled Blouse - Urban Outfitters $20
Leather-esque Waist Skirt - Buffalo Exchange $14
Black Coat - Metropark $20
Vintage NineWest Brogues - Salvation Army $9
Vintage Straw Hat - Salvation Army $3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking lovely, as ever! I really like your leather (guessing not real from 'esque'?) skirt.

I'm a bit of a colour & pattern girl if I'm honest, but lately I have been wanting to wear a lot of black. Lately, I've been in a wear what you feel mood, in the sense that I think it's good just to enjoy yourself with clothes.

Anyway, hope you're well!

yiqin; said...

Ah I miss your posts!!!!!